One of the things that makes our sport so great is the network of clubs around the U.S. and Canada who host bonspiels throughout the year. Just as much as we want our friends in other clubs to join us here in Charlotte for our events, they're hoping to see us join them for theirs. Win-win, right? Curling at a bonspiel is one of the best ways to experience the world of curling - by going to a spiel, you get the chance to represent your club and socialize with curlers from all over the country and the world.
The Charlotte Curling Association participates in the Grand National Curling Club, the United States Curling Association, and the United States Women's Curling Association. These groups all run bonspiels for their members and post them on the following calendars:
The following links provide more information about spiels hosted by the Charlotte Curling Association and our friends.
- Charlotte Curling Association - Grits 'n Granite, November 7-10, 2019
- Charlotte Curling Association - Southern Mixed Doubles, December 27-29, 2019
- Charlotte Curling Association - Fighting Hornet Five and Under, will return in 2021
- Charlotte Curling Association - Hogline 500, April 23-26, 2020
- Charlotte Curling Association and Palmetto Curling Club - 1712 Cup, TBD 2020
- Southern States Curling Clubs (VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, TN, AL) - Southern States Regional Championship, April 3-5, 2020 (at Charlotte Curling Association)
Charlotte Curling Pins
One of the most interesting parts of attending a bonspiel is the tradition of trading pins that have been designed specifically for each curler's home club. Most people trade pins with their counterpart during broomstacking after each game, but the act of trading is open to anyone who wants to share their pins and spread the word about their club. This is really useful for us Southern curlers - some curlers in the North don't even know we exist, and many of them are thrilled to get a brand-new pin that no one else in their club has ever seen before.
Luckily, you can buy Charlotte Curling pins and take them with you to every bonspiel you attend. Each pin is $2.50 for paid members of the club. Non-members can also buy them for $5.00 at bonspiels, Learn to Curls, or any other time you see us!