The Charlotte Curling Association is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the sport of curling in the Charlotte area. We are run entirely by volunteers who are dedicated to demonstrating that curling can be enjoyed by nearly everyone – age, disability and level of physical skill are not limiting factors in this unique sport. Our members range from age 5 to early 80s, and include a blind curler and a wheelchair curler.
Our mission is to sustain the growth of our organization while growing our programs for children and those with disabilities. Our dedicated facility, built in 2014, has allowed us to form a juniors program, work with the Wounded Warrior Project and plan our first wheelchair curling tournament for September 2015. These projects, including the facility, would not have been remotely possible without our amazing donors, volunteers and sponsors.
If you are interested in helping support us in our mission, please consider one of the following options:
- Donate the amount of your choice using the PayPal button below. These funds can be used for a specific purpose if you prefer – for example, to purchase a set of junior rocks or a heating system to regulate the temperature on the ice, or to pay building-related loans. Just let us know in the PayPal transaction notes if you have a specific wish. Otherwise, funds will be used at the discretion of the Board of Directors in support of our mission.
- Become a sponsor or advertise with us – check out our Advertise page for details
- Donate gifts in kind. Check out our Wish List page for details of the items that we currently need.
"Keep the Lights On" Donation
This fund's purpose is to ensure the long term viability of the Charlotte Curling Association. It is intended for critical expenses such as chiller repairs and debt service. This donation ($50 suggested) is encouraged, but not required. Use the PayPal form below to make your donation and help us keep the lights on. Thank you!
Adopt a Rock
Rocks are at the center of what Charlotte Curling does - essential to this great sport, available to all in the Charlotte area following the opening of our new facility. But these aren't just regular old pebbles. These are 44-pound stones made of a special type of granite found in only two quarries in the world, and are a significant investment.
For only $500, you can adopt a rock to help Charlotte Curling continue to share the sport with people of all ages and all levels of physical ability.
- Your name or business name will appear on the rock's handle
- Your name or business name will appear on a plaque in the warm room of our facility
- Your entire donation is tax-deductible, as we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization