Saturday afternoons from 4:00pm to 6:00pm.
The Curling Instructional Series will be broken up into 4 week sessions. These sessions are designed for those who wish to get greater exposure to curling before committing to becoming a member. In order to offer the best possible experience, each session requires a minimum of four people, maximum eight. The session will break if enrollment drops below the minimum until the time when enrollment increases. Also, there may be conflicts that prevent weekly meetings, and they will be broadcast via the club calendar as soon as they are known. An individual who has completed a Learn To Curl class can join at the beginning of any four week session.
Spring Session 1: 2/11, 2/25, 3/4, 3/11
Spring Session 2: 3/25, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22
The Curling Instructional Series fee is $51.50 (which includes a 3% PayPal transaction fee) for a 4 week session and includes a Temporary 4 week membership. All fees must be paid by the start of the first week of your session. You can pay online or by check. The $50 fee is deducted from the total cost of the membership upon joining.
*If paying by check, you can make your $50 check out to the Charlotte Curling Association.
- This will be an individual sign up instructional session (4 weeks).
- Only past Learn To Curl participants are eligible.
- Players must be at least 18 years old (or 16 years old if playing with parents).
- Because this is an instructional session, there will be no scoring. All games played will be pickup games with teams being made weekly. The games will focus on skill development while also learning more about the game of curling.
Structure & Series Rules and Guidelines
- Show up at least 15 minutes prior to your draw time in order to help prepare the ice and start on time.
- The first 30-60 minutes will be devoted to clinics/drills to help develop a different curling skill each week. (Week 1: Alignment, Week 2: Balance, Week 3: Curl, Week 4: Weight).
- The remaining time will be spent playing a short game, approximately 4-6 ends, to work on the curling skills covered that week and the previous week(s).
- Other topics that will be discussed during drills and gameplay: Delivery Technique, Sweeping, Types of Shots (Draws, Guards, Takeouts, etc.), Speed of Play, Curling Terms, Strategy, and Game Etiquette.
- Experienced players will be on-hand to give in-game advice/instruction to help further develop the new curlers skill and understanding of the game.
- All players will be required to ensure the cleanliness of the club at completion of play every week.
Transition a new curler from a Learn To Curl to being comfortable playing in the following leagues, through skill development and better understanding of the game of curling:
- Sunday Sinners League - Curling/Crokinole Challenge
- Sunday Afternoon League
- Tuesday Night League
- Thursday Day League
- Thursday Night Open League
- Friday Night League
- Saturday Night Mixed Doubles League