Tuesday nights 6:45pm to 8:45pm. If there are enough teams for a second draw, it would begin at 9:00pm. There will be a Fall and Spring session. Fall session is from October 4th through January 10th with the following dates off: November 22nd and December 27th. The Spring session is from January 31st to April 25th with the no dates off.
Registration is open to members of the Charlotte Curling Association. Leagues are intended for adults (18 years or older). Curlers 14 years or older can curl in regular adult leagues with parental permission. Please contact the League Coordinator to discuss.
64 individual spots (16 teams)
Friday, September 30th
- League will be an individual sign up league (couples and family members will be paired together by request where possible).
- Prior league experience is not necessary and all genders eligible.
- Novice curlers will be mixed with new curlers to form equal teams.
- Players must be at least 18 years old.
- Teams will remain together throughout the eight week period.
- The final week will include a playoff to determine league champion. League standings will be determined by wins vs losses throughout the round-robin play.
- The atmosphere during the Tuesday Evening League will be relaxed yet still slightly competitive, perfect for both new and experienced curlers.
Structure & League Night Rules and Guidelines
- Show up at least 15 minutes prior to your draw time in order to help prepare the ice and start on time.
- If a team is unable to start (less than 3 curlers) by 10 minutes after the scheduled start time of 7:00, they will lose the end by 1 point and the hammer. If they are unable to start by 20 minutes after their start time they will forfeit the game unless they have arranged a make-up game.
- All games will last no longer than 8 ends or 2 hours.
- Ties will be broken by a single stone draw to the button, with teams allowed to sweep only their rocks.
- All players/teams are responsible for finding their own subs. Subs will fill in as front end (lead, second, etc.) and each regular team member will be moved up a spot.
- Rinks must be comprised of at least 2 regular members or a forfeit results unless a make-up game has been arranged. A game may be played as "practice" on that sheet.
- All players will be required to ensure the cleanliness of the club at completion of the league play every week.
- To gain curling experience through play and competition.
- To have fun, socialize, and create a competitive league.