Sunday afternoons at 2:30pm. There will be a league in the Fall and Spring sessions.
Registration is open to members of the Charlotte Curling Association. Leagues are intended for adults (18 years or older). Curlers 14 years or older can curl in regular adult leagues with parental permission. Please contact the League Coordinator to discuss.
32 individual spots (8 teams)
Spring Registration Deadline
Friday, January 11th
A focused training session, with pickup games afterwards.
The Sunday Afternoon League is meant to be a fun and relaxing way to end the weekend. This league will be composed of both new and players who want to learn more that sign up individually. Players of all abilities are welcome to join this league with new members especially encouraged to participate. The league will focus on the needs of the people who are registered, but will be open to all member to drop in when a skill building session is being offered they are interested in.
One thing that will be different this year, is we are going to invite experienced player to be the “guest coach”. They will share their experience about a certain aspect of the game, with the goal, that by the end of the league, we will have touched on many aspects of the game. Coaching topics will include the mechanics of the game, such as Basic Strategy, Delivery, Balance, Release, Line of Delivery, Judging Weight, Sweeping, and Mixed Doubles. Members who wish to drop in to participate in the skill sessions that are not signed up for the league will use SignUpGenius to participate.
Guest Coach & Topic Schedule
Structure & League Night Rules and Guidelines
- Show up at least 15 minutes prior to your draw time in order to help prepare the ice and start on time.
- For the website to work properly, you will show up on a team, but this team in on paper only, and the actual teams will be formed each week.
- All games will last no longer than 8 ends and/or 2 hours.
- Ties are settled with skip rock draw to the button.
- All other rules of curling apply.
- All players will be required to ensure the cleanliness of the club at completion of the league play every week.
- All players may be asked to help teach, train, assist, instruct, guide, and bartend at various times throughout the season.