Monday nights at 6:45pm for the first draw and 9:00pm for the second draw.
Registration is open to members of the Charlotte Curling Association. Leagues are intended for adults (18 years or older). Curlers 14 years or older can curl in regular adult leagues with parental permission. Please contact the League Coordinator to discuss.
There is a max number of team spots set at 16 (64 individual curlers). Team spots will be reserved with at least 3 curlers who are paid members. This is first come first serve.
Friday, September 16th
This is a competitive league, open format, for experienced curlers. There will be a Fall and Spring session with each lasting 13 weeks.
Structure & League Night Rules and Guidelines
- Draw schedule and potential byes will be determined once the deadline to register has passed.
- Show up at least 15 minutes prior to your draw time in order to help prepare the ice and start on time.
- If a team is unable to start (less than 3 curlers) by 10 minutes after the scheduled start time, they will lose the end by 1 point and the hammer. If they are unable to start by 20 minutes after their start time they will forfeit the game.
- All games will last no longer than 8 ends or 2 hours.
- League standings will be determined by wins vs losses, head to head, and points (in that order).
- Ties will be broken by a single stone draw to the button, with teams allowed to sweep only their rocks.
- All players/teams are responsible for finding their own subs. Subs will play any position.
- Rinks must be comprised of at least 2 regular members or a forfeit results unless a make-up game has been arranged. A game may be played as “practice” on that sheet.
- All players will be required to ensure the cleanliness of the club at completion of the league play every week.
- Losing teams are responsible for cleaning the ice after the game. Sweep with a corn broom around hacks and rock boxes. Mop the playing surface. Clean mop after use. Clean debris with dustpan and brush.