Membership in the Charlotte Curling Association
We continue to grow each year and we would love for you to be part of all the exciting things that are happening with our group. Some of the many benefits of being a member include:
- Ability to participate in CCA leagues throughout the year (on a team or as a substitute)
- Participate in pickup/practice nights
- Right to represent Charlotte in bonspiels
- Use of all "house" equipment, such as brooms and sliders
- Insurance that covers your curling activities with us
- Membership in the Grand National Curling Club (GNCC), the US Curling Association (USCA), and US Women’s Curling Association (USWCA)
- Discounted rates for Charlotte Curling pins ($2.50 per pin)
Become a Member
To obtain or renew membership in the Charlotte Curling Association (CCA) for the 2019-2020 season:
- Review the Fee Structure Table further down this page. PayPal and Square will add a 3% transaction fee to the costs shown, if that method of payment is used.
- Complete a Membership Application Form, available at the club or by clicking here (PDF). Submit the form depending on your payment type:
If paying by check:
Drop off form and check at 6525 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC 28269.
Or mail form and check to Charlotte Curling Association, 5009 Beatties Ford Road, Suite 107-242, Charlotte, NC 28216.
If paying online (the preferred method):
- FOR NEW MEMBERS: After we receive the completed Membership Application Form and confirm payment, we will create a username and temporary password for you on the Charlotte Curling website and email them to you. You can then complete the Membership and League registration process online (see "Membership and League Registration" below).
Note: A waiver is required before any on-ice activities. You will be required to electronically agree to one as part of signing up online. The League Coordinator or Lead Instructor can also provide the form, if necessary.
In the PayPal form below for first time memberships, please note the name of the joining member (especially if you are paying for somebody else) in the "Name of Member" field and the name of the primary member (if you are selecting one of the additional member options) in the "Primary Member (if applicable)" field. Thanks!
Membership and League Registration
- Personal information
- Membership type
- First year with us?
- Electronic liability waiver
Finally, you'll have the option to pay your registration total by PayPal (or major credit card) or check. You'll also receive an email confirming the membership type and league(s) that you registered for.
All memberships are "All You Can Curl" memberships to encourage our members to participate in more leagues without having to worry about any League Fees!
Discounted First Season Membership and
Wheelchair Curlers Only3,5
Second Season and Beyond
|Joining between the dates of:||Renewing at any point in the year:|
|Membership Type||5/1/19 - 12/31/19||1/1/20 - 4/30/20|
|Young Adult (25-29)1||$250.00||$125.00||$399.00|
|Youth (24 and under)1||$125.00||$65.00||$200.00|
|Additional Young Adult1||$200.00||$100.00||$349.00|
|Social (i.e. spouse)4||$50.00||$35.00||$50.00|
1 Age as of September 1, 2019
2 Family means a family unit living in the same accommodation (children away at school are assumed to be living at home)
3 PayPal/Square fees add 3% to the costs shown, if that method of payment is used
4 Non-curling membership
5 First Year Membership is available for anyone who either has never been a member of the CCA or who's previous membership was prior to the opening of our dedicated ice facility on November 1, 2014
NOTE: Financial hardship payment options are available, but adds 10% to the cost of membership. Discuss directly with Jim Hackl.
Structure and rates approved by Board of Directors
For a Lifetime membership (donation of $100,000 or more), please use the payment option below:
We now offer a discounted membership structure for members of other clubs that are interested in additional playing time at the Charlotte Curling Association.
- Must be current league-playing member in your home club
- Membership cost will be based on current CCA Adult membership fee, minus current home club membership fee
- Minimum expense of $175 per person
- Example: Palmetto, Charleston, Wilmington, or any other club
Q: Does my membership fee cover part of the ice cost for league play?
A: Yes, all memberships are now considered "All You Can Curl" and they include cost of insurance and all League Fees so you can curl in as many leagues as you desire at no additional cost.
Q: What are costs of running the Charlotte Curling Association?
A: We maintain our own facility now, so we have costs such as the lease payment, electric bills and other utilities, and upkeep and maintenance. We also have costs associated with our purchased rock sets, liability and specialty insurance specifically for the rocks, general insurance for all assets, fees to the USCA and GNCC, and curling equipment such as brooms, stabilizers, and sliders.
Q: Is curling more expensive than playing other ice sports?
A: Actually, no. Adult hockey leagues can cost hundreds of dollars per season, not counting the equipment each player must buy for themselves. Figure skating can run into the thousands with private lessons, cost of skates, costumes, and so on. Compared to those sports, curling is far less expensive!
Q: Where can I find your Bylaws?
A: Right here (PDF).