One of the things that makes our sport so great is the network of clubs around the U.S. and Canada who host bonspiels throughout the year. Just as much as we want our friends in other clubs to join us here in Charlotte for our events, they’re hoping to see us join them for theirs. Win-win, right? Curling at a bonspiel is one of the best ways to experience the world of curling – by going to a spiel, you get the chance to represent your club and socialize with curlers from all over the country and the world.
The Charlotte Curling Association participates in the Grand National Curling Club, the United States Curling Association, and the United States Women’s Curling Association. These groups all run bonspiels for their members and post them on the following calendars:
This page is a place to share as many events as possible, so if you know of one that we’ve missed, be sure to let us know by dropping us an email!
- Lake Morey Resort & Woodstock Curling Club – Pondspiel (an Outdoor Curling Event), January 23-25, 2015 (registration form here)
- Broomstones Curling Club – 8th Annual Mixed Doubles Bonspiel, October 24-26, 2014
- Philadelphia Curling Club – Harvest Bonspiel, November 20-23, 2014
- Cape Cod Curling Club – GNCC Senior Women’s Championship, November 7-9, 2014
- Schenectady Curling Club – 35th Annual Men’s Achilles Invitational Bonspiel, November 13-15, 2014
- Schenectady Curling Club – 12th Annual Carosella Bonspiel, October 24-26, 2014
- Plainfield Curling Club – The Founders’ Bonspiel, October 30-November 2, 2014
- Ardsley Curling Club – Cool Duck Bonspiel, November 7-9, 2014
- Plainfield Curling Club – 10th Anniversary Women’s Mid-Atlantic Bonspiel, October 16-19, 2014
- Rochester Curling Club – The Big Pumpkin Open, October 24-26, 2014
- Nutmeg Curling Club – Blazing Leaves Open, October 9-12, 2014
- Norfolk Curling Club – Bonspiel Calendar, November 2014 – March 2015
Charlotte Curling Pins
One of the most interesting parts of attending a bonspiel is the tradition of trading pins that have been designed specifically for each curler’s home club. Most people trade pins with their counterpart during broomstacking after each game, but the act of trading is open to anyone who wants to share their pins and spread the word about their club. This is really useful for us Southern curlers, as some curlers in the North don’t even know we exist, and many of them are thrilled to get a brand-new pin that no one else in their club has ever seen before…
Luckily, you can buy Charlotte Curling pins and take them with you to every bonspiel you attend. Each pin is $2.50 for paid members of the club. Non-members can also buy them for $5.00 at bonspiels, Learn to Curls, or any other time you see us!