One of the things that makes our sport so great is the network of clubs around the U.S. and Canada who host bonspiels throughout the year. Just as much as we want our friends in other clubs to join us here in Charlotte for our events, they’re hoping to see us join them for theirs. Win-win, right? Curling at a bonspiel is one of the best ways to experience the world of curling – by going to a spiel, you get the chance to represent your club and socialize with curlers from all over the country and the world.
The Charlotte Curling Association participates in the Grand National Curling Club, the United States Curling Association, and the United States Women’s Curling Association. These groups all run bonspiels for their members and post them on the following calendars:
This page is a place to share as many events as possible, so if you know of one that we’ve missed, be sure to let us know by dropping us an email!
- Nutmeg Curling Club – Blazing Leaves Open, October 9-12, 2014
- Wonderland Curling Centre/Nutmeg Curling Club – FireFly Curling Challenge, August 5-7, 2014
- Mount Washington Valley Curling Club – Mount Washington Open, September 19-21, 2014
- Pittsburgh Curling Club – TropiCurl 2014, July 3-6, 2014
- Mount Washington Valley Curling Club – GNCC Arena Club Championships, June 26-29, 2014
- Cape Cod Curling Club – Summer Spiel 2014, July 10-26 (5 spiels)
Charlotte Curling Pins
One of the most interesting parts of attending a bonspiel is the tradition of trading pins that have been designed specifically for each curler’s home club. Most people trade pins with their counterpart during broomstacking after each game, but the act of trading is open to anyone who wants to share their pins and spread the word about their club. This is really useful for us Southern curlers, as some curlers in the North don’t even know we exist, and many of them are thrilled to get a brand-new pin that no one else in their club has ever seen before…
Luckily, you can buy Charlotte Curling pins and take them with you to every bonspiel you attend. Each pin is $2.50 for paid members of the club. Non-members can also buy them for $5.00 at bonspiels, Learn to Curls, or any other time you see us!